Monday, June 18, 2007

Library 2.0

From all I read there is much more to Web 2.0 or Library 2.0 that I wasn't aware. There seems to be lots of opinions on where we are headed with our libraries whether they be structures or on the web. I wonder at the pace some of the predicted changes will be. As an LA, I wonder if there is a job for me in the future! I also have to admit I was unfamiliar with some of terms or phrases used in the articles. I realize more than ever I must keep up my skills and thank goodness for our 27 Things exercises.

In the article by Dr. Schultz I found her predictions on the future most interesting. She states, "People will collect librarians rather than books," but it makes me wonder, for those of us who really enjoy browsing a bookshelf at the library or bookstore if this will become memory.

gm

No comments: