Tuesday, March 13, 2007

RSS

So I put a dozen feeds onto my Bloglines account. Do I seriously have time to look at all that information? Do I dare look at my nightstand to see what I have to read next, because it may be due soon and I know there are 150 holds on it? With this in mind, I'll review the questions posed in exercise #7.

- What do you like about RSS and newsreaders?
That the information is subject based. Whether it is birds, books or bonbons, only what I choose is sent for me to browse.

- How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your work or personal life?
Since I'm new at this, I really couldn't say how I might use this technology. It is definitely another resource. I can see that my email would be used purely for personal communications and that Bloglines could become my news source for work or my personal life.

- How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?
Libraries will have a another tool for finding the very latest information on subjects which change rapidly. Books, magazines and newspapers are always a tad behind current events.

No comments: