Wednesday, June 20, 2007

#26 Reflective Exercise

My husband looked over my shoulder occasionally as I was doing my 27Things exercises and commented on what a good idea this was and how he'd like to know all I'd discovered. This made me realize how important this program was and how I'd never have learned it just on my own.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I now know that I'll never run out of things to read, listen or view. I've discovered many places that will further my personal learning goals.

What were your favorite Learning 2.0 discoveries or exercises? I liked learning about LibraryThing, Bloglines and Google Labs.

Did anything surprise you? Just how much there was out there.

Was there enough help available when you needed it? Yes! Sometimes I was just a bit too tired to see the obvious, thanks P.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I really don't see how this could be improved upon, except to continue with this program in some way.

Would you like to see similar training opportunities as new library-relevant technologies emerge? Definitely!

If you could go back in time and tell yourself to either participate in the program or skip it, what would you do? I actually got to about lesson 16 and decided I just didn't have the time to do this. When the date to complete the program was extended I felt I really needed to finish and I'm glad I did, so to answer the question, I'd tell myself to do it! It's worth more than the mp3 player.

gm

No comments: